RELIANCE SW Developer
Started on January 2021, RELIANCE – REsearch LIfecycle mAnagemeNt for Earth Science Communities and CopErnicus users in EOSC – is a 2 years project aiming at delivering a suite of innovative and interconnected services that extend EOSC’s capabilities to support the management of the research lifecycle within Earth Science Communities and Copernicus Users.
Data Cubes are considered as a reference service to provide access to data infrastructures and as a set of tools for geospatial data management, mostly related to access and exploitation of large collections of multi-temporal, multi-resolution satellite imagery.
We are searching for a motivated SW developer to join and support our RELIANCE technical team to evolve datacube services to realize the vision of FAIR services in the European Open Science Cloud.
More info about the project can be found at: https://www.reliance-project.eu/
• Data and service user requirements analysis
• Design and implementation of RO datacube API
• Prepare tutorials and support training activities for web applications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field with track record of UX/UI experience
• Working knowledge of python
• Demonstrable working experience on REST API design and implementation
• Working knowledge of version-control platforms (e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
• General knowledge of geospatial and remote sensing techniques
• Working knowledge of BASH scripting and geospatial packages (GDAL)
• Familiarity with standards (OpenSearch, STAC, WMS, WCS, …)
• Experienced working in cloud environment (OpenStack, OpenNebula, AWS)